The Wielkopolskie Voivodeship is numbered by experts among the group of 3 regions with the highest attractiveness for investors in the country. The following factors contributed to it:
- Good accessibility;
- Business environment;
- Market absorptive;
- Level of industrial development, and
- Transformation process dynamism.
Presently, there are nearly 4.5 thousand businesses with foreign capital in the voivodeship. They have invested around 7 billion USD, most in food industry, but also in chemical industry, production of electrical equipment, means of transport, machinery and equipment in paper processing and printing. Entry of foreign investors has contributed to modernisation of plants and their technologies. Many products have reached international quality standards. German experts have announced Poznań the most attractive city for businessmen in Central and Eastern Europe (placing Wielkopolska at the 5th place among 150 cities from this region). Companies from Germany, Great Britain, the United States, Ireland, Sweden, Japan, Holland and Switzerland are the biggest investorsl in the region.
There are many reputable worldwide companies among investors, such as:
- Beiersdorf, Volkswagen, MAN from Germany;
- Glaxo Smith Kline zfrom Great Britain;
- Wrigley Company, Exide from the USA;
- Bridgestone, Matsushita from Japan;
- Nestle from Switzerland;
- Philips from Holland, and
- Allied Irish Bank from Ireland (banking sector).